The cold snap is over, as Brett Haggard hosts Steven Ambrose in a chat about the state of mobile in South Africa and a variety of other things. More specifically, they discuss:
- The launch of the HTC One (M8) and HTC’s comeback in South Africa;
- The strength of Samsung in the market, despite some so-so products;
- The upcoming launch of the LG G3;
- The shake-up at Microsoft global;
- Blackberry being named as one of the 10 brands likely to disappear in 2015;
- Some changes at Telkom; and
- The fact that Aerosmith made more money from Guitar Hero than anything else.
Our technology picks of the week are:
- Steven picks the Acer Chromebook and the whole Chrome ecosystem; and
- Brett picks the Strava App for Android.