Mail and Guardian and Ungeeked’s Benedict Kelly joins Brett Haggard this week for a nice deep discussion about what’s right, wrong and kind of alright in the South African technology world. Topics under discussion this week include:
- The imminent arrival of the Xbox One and the rising cost of gaming;
- Some new games announcements and changes to the Xbox One from Gamescom;
- The concept of Micro-jobs and the launch of Money4Jam;
- The tech world’s delight at the new C-connector for USB 3.1;
- Intel’s Broadwell chips announced;
- MTN bringing LTE to its prepaid customer base; and
- The networks being sneaky with their data billing.
Our technology picks of the week are:
- Ben picks Halt and Catch Fire; and
- Brett picks the Steam Beta Opt-in for Mac.