We’re back with the first episode for 2014. Brett Haggard hosts Ben Kelly, Christo van Gemert and Steven Ambrose, who has just returned from CES in Vegas with a full report on what’s new and hot in the market. Topics discussed in this episode include:
- An exhaustive discussion on all aspects of what made CES worthwhile this year, including Perceptual Computing, Smart watches and fitness goodies, Intel Edison, the Urb-E, Razer Nabu, Parrot’s Mini Drone, Audi’s laser lights, Airtame and the cheaper 4K televisions;
- Our feelings on the Google acquisition of Nest;
- Google’s adds ‘licensing’ as an option for Image Searching; and
- Blackberry is quite happy with 10m devices for 2014.
Our technology picks of the week are:
- Christo picks the Dakar rally’s website and picks on the manufacturers of the black telemetry box used by all of the competitors;
- Steven picks the Makerbot Relicator Mini and picks on the useless tech in aeroplanes;
- Ben picks the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and the Xbox Super Accessories bundle; and
- Brett picks Rock Prodigy.