Sam and Simon talk about food. Sam’s trying a Soylent diet because Veganism is really hard. Simon thinks she’s crazy and food is delicious. We talk about why yeast is fascinating, and Katy Perry’s boobs. Warning: this episode might make you hungry.
Stuff mentioned in this show:
- Soylent of the DIY variety
- Why it’s hard to be a lazy vegan
- Portlandia on the politics of ordering chicken in restaurants
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Why mushrooms are bizarre and wonderful
- Where does yeast come from?
- A SBMC comic about our body’s microfauna
- Michiel Heynes and the untranslatability of the Afrikaans word fok
- Genesis Mining: now YOU TOO can become a mining mogul
- Shapeshifter for swopping cryptocurrencies
- Old Mutual Savings Monitor tells us exactly how broke South Africans are
- The International (Dota2) and sportsing for geeks
- The joy of Katy Perry GIFs