You may have figured out how to get data about stuff, but that doesn’t make it important. Or does it? This week Sam and Simon discuss tracking things, the value of conferences and some other stuff too…
Stuff discussed in this conversation:
- NOT Sam’s life.
- Good Morning in Stockholm – probably Simon’s favourite conference.
- Design Indaba, which is not being attended by either of us.
- Marissa Mayer with her fabulous clothes and massive, data-driven brain.
- Rory Sutherland and the cult of measurebation.
- Fitbit that Simon pretends to draw data insights from.
- Her – an amazing movie about technology getting creepy.
- Ray Kurzweil with his massive brain.
- Evernote’s Post-It integration that Sam uses to catalogue her entire life.
- Flappy Braille – in which you can play Flappy Birds in your browser’s address bar.
- Sarien where you can play classic adventure games.
- We don’t sell saddles here by Stewart Butterfield – who is also responsible for Slack.
- How much my novel cost me by Emily Gould.
- Mark Andreessen‘s predictions for the news industry.